Patient referral information
If one of your patients needs referring to the MH unit because of a family history of malignant hyperthermia please include the following information with your referral letter:
- Name(s) and date(s) of birth of relative(s) previously tested for malignant hyperthermia susceptibility.
- What type of test their relative had for malignant hyperthermia susceptibility (muscle biopsy or genetic test, if known).
- Approximate date that their relative was tested.
- Where they had their tests done, if not at the Leeds MH Unit.
- The family relationship between your patient and their relatives with malignant hyperthermia susceptibility; a sketched family tree would be very useful.
Please send your referral letter to:
The Malignant Hyperthermia Investigation Unit
University of Leeds
Level 8, Clinical Sciences Building
St James’s University Hospital
Tel: 0113 20 65270